Altitude approx. 300 m above sea level
The village with about 80 inhabitants is still strongly agricultural.
Public and private facilities: village community room
In a document of the Archbishop of Cologne, Adolf von Altena, Godescalcus von Kellinchusen, a feudal lord of the Counts of Arnsberg, is listed as a witness in 1196 and thus the village itself is mentioned for the first time.
However, it can be assumed that Kellinghausen - like all place names ending in "-husen" - probably existed before the turn of the millennium. In the late Middle Ages, the Lords of Langenstrot were the largest landowners in the village. In 1504 the town of Rüthen acquired from them the rights to levy several farms that existed there. Further farmsteads were owned by the Grafschaft monastery, among others.
The local coat of arms, which has existed since 1926, shows 3 Lippian roses, which are supposed to refer to the mentioned ministerial dynasty of the Kellinchusen family, which was mentioned as the owner of the main farm there until the 13th century.
As the smallest of the villages belonging to the parish of Altenrüthen, a chapel dedicated to St. Magdalene can be traced here since 1716, the second successor building of which was erected in 1911 in the neo-Renaissance style.