Altitude approx. 380 to 420 m above sea level
Historical site: Roman camp
Public facilities: Marksmanship hall
With the Abdinghof monastery in Paderborn as landlord, the village of Kneblinghausen enters documented history in 1183 in the form of a deed from Pope Lucius III. The main court there remained a feudal estate of the Counts of Arnsberg until the middle of the 14th century.
Since the beginning of the 16th century the village became one of 3 so-called. Town villages of the city of Rüthen and remained until the first half of the 19th century in the legal and subject association of the mountain city. Ecclesiastically, the village always belonged to the parish of Meiste. A small half-timbered chapel, first documented in 1717, which was demolished in 1902, was the predecessor of today's church, which was built in neo-Gothic style and consecrated in 1911.
At the beginning of the 20th century, a few hundred meters southwest of the village, in addition to the remaining traces of an ancient Germanic settlement from the 5th century B.C., a large-scale camp site with remaining ramparts was discovered, which, according to archaeological investigations, is of Roman origin and is assigned to the 1st century A.D.. The fortified camp was equipped with so-called. The fortified camp was equipped with so-called "Klavikeltoren" (= funnel-shaped entrances), which were also symbolically included in the town's coat of arms as a special local historical feature.
A nearby stud farm has been breeding successful thoroughbreds for galloping for over 30 years.
Further information at: https://www.kneblinghausen.de