Altitude approx. 230 - 340 m above sea level

Ortswappen Langenstraße-Heddinghausen.jpg

According to legend, St. Sturmius planted a lime tree in Langenstrasse as a sign of Christianization. There now arose a Christian community with a small mission chapel as a branch church of the original parish of Rüthen.

Public and private facilities: Marksmanship hall, community hall, tennis court.

A contract between the monasteries of Grafschaft and Oelinghausen from 1237 is the oldest document connected with the double village of Langenstraße-Heddinghausen (as such, it can be

by a common field at least already in the 17th century). There the church at Langenstraße is mentioned as a branch church of Altenrüthen. But already in 1313 Langenstraße left this ecclesiastical association and became an own parish.

Heddinghausen was first mentioned in a document in 1255, when Berthold the Elder of Büren confirmed that Herbold of Heddinghausen had sold his goods in the neighboring Hemmern to the Abdinghof Monastery in Paderborn.

Particularly significant for the history of the village in the Middle Ages was the noble family of the von Langenstrot, who were among the Burgmännern of Rüthen and died out shortly after 1500.

They were the owners of an extensive Freigrafschaft (free county) with numerous large-scale Freistuhls, before which court hearings were held over the then often widely scattered free land. The imposing parish church in Langenstraße was built in 1891/92 in the neo-Romanesque style. The colors of the old local knightly dynasties as well as the connections to the Benedictine Abbey Grafschaft and the memory of the famous village lime tree were given a documentary status in the symbolic design of the double village coat of arms.